Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Mortgage Docs To Be Reviewed by Truth-In-Lending Expert

My Mortgage Docs to be Reviewed by an Expert

I’ve been in contact with a group that helps borrowers fight predatory lenders. They review your mortgage documents and look for any Truth-in-Lending violations and any other red flags. Then there is an option to sue the lender and sometimes even get your mortgage forgiven. This company also has a network of qualified real estate attorneys to help take these cases into the courts on a low cost or contingency basis.

I didn’t have much desire to go this route before because I figure, what the use? I was about to lose everything in foreclosure and I just wanted a way to sell those houses and be done with it. But I was always interested in the idea behind it. I was going to talk about this company on my blog before in order to help homeowners who may have been taken advantage of, but never got a chance to do it, since it wasn’t something I needed at the time.

However, NOW things have changed a bit. There is a very good reason for me to have my mortgage documents looked at by an expert. We’ll see what he says… Hopefully I’ll get an answer back by the end of the week.

No comments: